Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pretty & Polished - Sand Art


I own several polished from this killer indie brand, and the girl behind it just keeps hitting us with stunning creations. I had been stalking her sales for ages, 4 times placed an order just to have it pop out of my cart over at Etsy. Finally got my bottle of Pool Party Tart and Sand Art. This review is on Sand Art.

Damn! This is some seriously wicked polish! Yeah, yeah I know it's the same theme as Floam and yes I know all the drama regarding Under The Sea. I could not care less. I support girls who make stunning polishes. Pretty & Polished are one of these girls.

Sand Art is a rather new polish, she came out this one not too long ago. Saw her swatch and I knew it had to be mine. This is various colored mate glitter in clear base. The colors are green, light green, magenta, orange, blue, i think I see some yellow? And the result on the nails is so tactile and stunning. I really does look like tiny sand grains and it really does remind me of sand art.

This glitter is top coat hungry. You can wear it over a base color if you want to, I wanted to wear it on it's own. For full coverage I used 3 thick coats. You know you have to slightly dab the polish on with these if you want a full coverage result. No problem, this sucker dries so fast it's insane! I used one coat of Seche Vite over the second coat of Sand art, and then the third layer over that. Then one coat of Seche Vite, and another the following day. I really love the look of submerged glitter you get with Seche Vite. This application leaves you with no texture at all. Maybe it will add another coat of Seche Vite tomorrow if needed cuz I love how it looks all glossy and encapsulated.

The application of this is as always with Pretty & Polished, flawless. Easy and smooth, and super fast dry time. The glitter spreads evenly and the bottle did not need a handjob to get the good stuff out ;)

Brush perfect, good size bottle, excellent service, fast shipping. what more could a polish addict ask for? If you want to get your hands on these you have to stalk  Etsy and her Facebook Sales are announced in advance, and you have to sit there all eve with your trigger happy finger hitting reload like a crazy person. It's all part of the Pretty & Polished experience. It's great fun!

Sand Art costs $9 (Mini $5)

Next up is Tart and Pool Party. Check out my reviews of more of Pretty & Polished.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, det her var virkelig en spesiell lakk :D I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya handy document. I needed just a little difficulity seeing this short article onSafari nevertheless,
    not sure the reason why?
    Here is my homepage rosebuttboard.com

    ReplyDelete