Sunday, August 9, 2020

Pyunkang Yul - skincare

Pyunkang Yul.

My all time favorite skincare line. I've been using it for two years by now and my skin has never been this good. Sure I add different brands in to my routine depending on my mood, if I've been out in the sun, for winter time and so on. I will post these brands in a different post. I buy my skincare at Yesstyle or Style korean. Some info is copy paste from Yesstyle. All products with direct links to where you can buy. This a long one, folks.....

I first heard about Pyunkang Yul through Gothamista.

She does amazing in depth reviews on skincare and I recommend following her. She usually review high brand quality so it might not be for everyone but you sure learn a lot. 

"Pyunkang Yul is a skincare brand launched by the renowned Pyunkang Oriental Medicine Clinic, an institution well-known for treating atopic skin disorders by focusing on the use of traditional Korean ingredients or hanbang." Read the rest here.

There are several different skin care methods to follow, 12 steps being the most complex one.

For morning I do:

1: Wash your face with water, use a toner, use essence, use ampule, use Serum, use Eye cream, use oil, use moisturizer, use sunscreen.  

Evening I do: Oil cleanser, foaming cleanser, an exfoliant (not every day, peeling pad, peeling serum etc), facemask, serum, ampule, oil, moisturizer, nightmask.

In between; Peeling mask, sugar scrubs, face masks etc. More on those in a later post.

This seems like a lot and it is, it takes time to get into the routine and to get your hands on the products you and your skin like.  Pyunkang Yul is my main brand, my skin just loves all their products. For cleansing I use various brands and I wont get into those today.

So here are the following I own and use, and what they do. Geek hat on, people!

 

Now on 60% sale: $17
 

Essence toner: A hydrating toner formulated with hydroxyethyl cellulose, arginine and astragalus root extract to refine complexion.

Major Ingredients: Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Carbomer, Arginin.

I use two drops morning and evening, using the super soft  Unicharm - Silcot Sponge Touch Moisturizing Cotton Pad that holds product a billion times more than normal cotton pads. Dont forget neck and chest.

Worlds best pads! 40 for $7

 

Now 60% off: $24

Moisture serum: Formulated for oily-prone skin, this serum uses Coptis japonica root extract and olive oil to help rebalance skin's oil and moisture levels. The serum calms and soothes skin while providing hydration. Again: two drops, rub it into my hands and pull my hands upwards on my face and down my neck/chest.

Now 20% off: $20
 

 

 Moisture ampule: Moisture ampoule contains 90% Coptis Japonica root extract, a potent skin-calming and hydrating ingredient that helps calm down oily skin and minimize sebum production. Its intense moisturizing benefits maintains oil-and-water balance in skin, resulting in a fresh, smooth complexion with a soft, bouncy texture. Again two drops, i love this part of the rutine. Dont use more than that, or you'll end up sticky.

 

Now 20% off: $17

 

Intensive repair cream: Cold-pressed natural ingredients in this cream including turmeric root, peony sap and bark, cornus officinalis, shea butter, peptides and ceramides help revitalize aging skin while reinforcing its moisture barrier. The fragrance-free cream is neither heavy nor sticky as it is quickly absorbed by skin and leaves a satin finish. I dont always use this, but if my skin has been out in the sun or feels dry I will add this layer.

 

Now 20%off: $18

 Eye cream: This richly hydrating eye cream doesn't come in a bottle or jar. Instead, it's packed in 50 1ml-sachets to maintain potency and protect against oxidation, heat and contamination. The cream is formulated using Pyunkang Yul's signature milk vetch root extracts to repair and soothe skin; ginseng to restore resilience and elasticity; and shea butter to nourish and moisturize.

Again I dont always use eye cream because my skin has so mush to work with by now but if my under eye is dry I will add this layer. 

 

 Balancing gel: Now in a more handy tube, this dense and viscous balancing gel adheres to your skin perfectly to provide a barrier against external stressors. Infused with 90% Mongolian milkvetch extract to soothe and rejuvenate skin, plus jojoba seed oil to lock in moisture.

Oh I love this and I've used up mine and have to re-buy. Such a weird texture, just a little bit goes a long way, rub the gel like texture between your fingers, it sort of feel like its coming apart but once it's on the skin it really just melts in and makes a barrier for your face. Really recommend this step. I had the older version, the new one comes in a tube. Now 20%off: $14.

OK this took for flipping ages to write, and Im sure only a few of you will find it interesting. I do think you have to be a bit of a skin care nerd to get into all of this stuff. Im 43 and my skin really needs the added steps. 

Until next time, people!

 




 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment